A-Teck Appraisals is seeking a new team member. We are looking for qualified individuals who are accredited with the CRA and/or have their AACI designation; but we will also consider training the right individual.See the job description below.
Position: Junior Real Estate Appraiser or designated appraiser (CRA/AACI)
Employment type: Permanent Full Time
Salary range: Negotiable depending on experience/designation
Location: Prince George, British Columbia
Travel: yes (during the day, but home at night)
Closing Date: 2019/04/17
Contact Name: Shelagh Stadel
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A-Teck Appraisals is a respected, multi-disciplinary valuation firm providing valuation and consulting services to all sectors of the economy. Our clients include all levels of government, financial institutions, major industry, the insurance industry, the legal firms, property management firms and independent business. We are committed to providing timely, thorough and reliable valuation services and strive to add value and provide peace of mind to our clients.
We are currently seeking a junior real estate appraiser (or designated appraiser) to add to our growing team. The position will involve gathering and analyzing sales data, physically inspecting residential and commercial properties, and finally completing an appraisal report to conclude an opinion of value. The junior appraiser will be trained from A to Z and they will be expected to continue their education to eventually attain a designation in real estate valuation. A qualified candidate is an individual with a bachelor's degree (business degree preferred) and who possesses the following five competencies: analytical thinking, conceptual thinking, decisiveness, focus on quality & detail, and client service orientation. Travel is a part of the job, so a valid BC Driver’s license and working vehicle is required. The traveling portion is estimated to be 25%-50% (winters included) and the remaining 50%-75% is in office work. Most trips are day trips and overnight trips are quite rare. To find out more about the appraiser profession and path to designation, visit the following link: https://www.aicanada.ca/become-an-appraiser/why-be...
· Prepare accurate and reliable appraisal reports commensurate with experience level;
· Undertake research to maintain and upgrade company valuation data;
· Work with colleagues to support and be supported in the completion of appraisal assignments;
· Continuously improve their knowledge regarding cost, market and valuation trends;
· Travel to residential and commercial properties for inspection (photograph interior/exterior, measure
building, take notes on building components);
· Other duties as required.
· A business undergraduate degree (preferred), but must have a bachelor's degree for entry requirements into the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
· Five core competencies of an appraiser: analytical thinking, conceptual thinking, decisiveness, focus on quality & detail, and client service orientation
· Superior information system skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel);
· Well-developed organizational, time management and project management skills;
· Demonstrated ability to work under tight timelines;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop relationships and work
well with internal and external partners;
· Valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle;
· Willingness to travel (drive winter roads);
· Willingness to continue real estate appraisal courses outside of working hours to attain a real estate appraisal designation: Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI) or Canadian Real Estate Appraiser (CRA)
· Excellent support staff and work environment;
· Professional office;
· Flexible scheduling
Please forward a PDF copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to tell us why you think you would be a good fit for this position and what skills and experience you bring that make you the ideal candidate for our team. All applications will be kept confidential and only those selected for interviews will be contacted.